Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Am a Child of God - Verse Keywords / Children of God Puzzle Poster Displays

One verse at a time, assemble children of God puzzle posters in lyric order. Have the children repeat the part I just put up, then sing to that part, then add more and move on. Each "child of god" puzzle poster includes a 'special' piece. This piece is a keyword and touch association that helps the children remember what order the verses go in.

Verse Keywords:
V1 - “sent ME” - point to self
V2 - “my NEEDS” - point to knees (rhymes with "needs". silly, but it works)

V3 - “RICH blessings” - point to pocket (where you keep your money)
V4 - “PROMISES” - point to ring finger


The puzzle poster verse keyword 'special' extra pieces are:
V1 - star badge with "me" written on it
V2 - knee pads V3 - pile of coins
V4 - diamond ring

*If extra time - point to a child puzzle poster and have children wearing the same color as the poster stand up and sing that verse.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

HERE ARE MY:

I Am a Child of God
FLIP CHART
I Am a Child of God
WORD STRIPS


----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

PREP:
  • Print off word strips and glue them to child puzzle posters (one for each verse)
  • Assemble pieces of Child of God posters (see below for more detailed info). Laminate to make durable.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----


ASSEMBLING THE CHILD PUZZLE POSTERS:

They're not really puzzles. But they's not really posters. They're posters in pieces that you assemble as you go....

Anyway,
  1. Out of construction paper, cut out a T-shirt and head (glue together), Pants and shoes (glue together), and two arms per child.
  2. Remember to cut out the keyword pieces as well (star, knee pads, coins, ring).
  3. Cut out lyrics (you can use my word strip sheet, link above)
  4. Glue lyrics to body parts (I Am a Child of God goes on each T-Shirt)
  5. Label all the parts.
  6. Laminate parts for durability (perhaps you can find other uses for your 4 newly adopted children. Seriously, they're so cute you might soon be calling them by name. :)
*Mine are not laminated - they're "faux laminated". I took my construction paper pieces, glued them to white poster board, covered them with strips of clear packing tape then cut out the pieces, leaving a white edge (the thicker the edge, the better). Yes, it was a lot of work - but it was cheaper and more convenient than running to the store (in my timeline of events that day, I was too late to run to the copy center).

5 parts per child:
head/body
2 arms
pants
keyword accessory
VERSE 1
he has sent me here (point to yourself)
VERSE 2
and so my needs are great (point to your knees)
[When I taped the knee pads on I told the kids that this one wore holes in the knees of his pants
from kneeling down to pray so much,
so he needed these knee pads. He has so many needs
that he is kneeling down to talk to Heavenly Father all the time.]
VERSE 3
rich blessings are in store (point to your pocket)
VERSE 4
his promises are sure (point to your ring finger)
Labeled and stored, each in their own plastic bag.
I wrote with Sharpie on the back of them 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 - (verse . lyric order) - 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 - etcetera

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Theses poster puzzles seem super super awesome. I really would like to do these. I am posting this idea on my blog! Thanks so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete