Friday, January 25, 2013

I Am a Child of God - Objects & Songs Correlation

I used pictures instead of objects. This is one of those cookie bouquet holders - repurposed. :)

THE PLAN:

Sing through all verses of “I Am a Child of God”

Tell them that the objects in the bag represent some part of the song “I Am a Child of God”.

Choose a child to come up and pick an object. Have the child will tell you what part of the song it goes with (they can ask the other kids for
help if needed).

After they’ve figured out which part of the song the goes with, everyone sings the corresponding song for that object (see below).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 


OBJECT CORRELATION:


Earth - “He has sent me here, has given me an earthly home”
I Lived in Heaven, pg 4

Family picture - “with parents kind and dear”
Families Can Be Together Forever pg 188

Scriptures - “help me to understand His words”
Keep the Commandments pg 146 OR Search, Ponder, and Pray pg 109

President Monson - “If I but learn to do His will”
Follow The Prophet pg 110

Heavenly Father & Christ - “I’ll live with Him once more”
I Know My Father Lives pg 5
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

EXTRA TIME?:
Pass an object. When song stops, the child holding the object has to finish the sentence.


----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----


SONGS IN THIS LESSON:
I Am a Child of God 2
I Lived in Heaven 4
Families Can Be Together Forever 188
Keep the Commandments 146 OR Search, Ponder and Pray 109
Follow the Prophet 110


----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

PREPARE:

  1. picture of the Earth or small globe
  2. a picture of a family
  3. scriptures
  4. picture of President Monson
  5. picture of God & Christ
  6. bag for all the items
(It helps to write on the back of your pictures!)

*Some ideas borrowed from - HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment