Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Pray In Faith: Valentines Version - Prayer is a Conversation With Our Heavenly Father



VERSE 1 - 8x10 Poster

VERSE 1 - 8x10

VERSE 1 - 8x10


VERSE 2 - 8x10


LESSON:

Explain that prayer is a conversation with our Heavenly Father.

INTRO VERSE 1:

  • Hang up “I can pray to...” poster
  • Call a child to pick a paper heart. On it is something we can pray about. Talk about it, tape it on the board.
  • Learn lyrics and Sing.

VERSE 1:
I kneel to pray, every day (point to knees)
I speak to Heavenly Father (point up)
He hears and answers me (point to self)
When I pray in Faith (fold arms)

INTRO VERSE 2:

  • Hang up “How to pray...” and numbered poster
  • Remove cover one lyric line at a time (from the numbered poster).
  • Learn lyrics and Sing.

VERSE 2:
(Hold up finger numbers)
1. I begin by saying Dear Heavenly father
2. I thank Him for blessings he sends
3. Then humbly I ask him for things that I need
4. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

AFTER LEARNING THE WHOLE SONG,

Have a child choose a heart that says how we are going to sing (the link goes to printable docs that match the posters above). We played Heart Darts.

Sing and repeat How To Sing activity.



-----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----

PREPARE:

  • Posters (*I print them at Sams Club Photo)
  • ‘ways to sing’ hearts
  • candy handout (see below)

-----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----


Handouts - Small Bag Tag Toppers
4 per page on 4x6
Fold in half to have hearts on the front and a heart on the back .
The heart on the back has my Primary info on it. Re-photoshop for your needs. Or, just cut it off.
Staple to top of bag filled with conversation hearts.



Assembly is fun... :)
Big bowl of sugar, anyone?

-----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----

I used these conversation heart printables from AF Singing Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment