(Click for the flip chart for Teach Me to Walk...)After Teach Me to Walk in The Light has been learned -
- Have a picture of Jesus on the board
- Turn off the lights. (darken the windows, if need be - but don’t scare JR Primary)
- Tell the children that today we have to earn our light by singing our best.
- The class singing the best gets to turn on their light. (Teachers point the flashlight at the picture of Jesus)
- Sing until all flashlights are turned on.
- When it’s dark we can’t see clearly. It's easier to become confused in the darkness.
- We can get the light by following the commandments. We have loving Parents and Teachers who want us to make good choices and grow to be good and happy people.
- When we are with others who also have the light our lights combine to be even brighter.
- Jesus is our life and our light. We can shine with the light of Christ.
- Lesson went well.
- Gathering flashlights from neighbors (and then remembering to return them) was the hardest part. Even had to buy some from the store.
- Remember to bring a flashlight for the Pianist.