Monday, April 15, 2013

Popcorn Popping - Mother's Day and Father's Day Verses

MOTHERS VERSE *by Pat Preston (England):
I woke up this morning and what did I see?
The sun was shining on the apricot tree.
Spring flowers blossomed right before my eyes,
Just what I needed for a big surprise.
I gathered an armful, a bouquet sweet.
Enough to make my mother such a lovely treat.
I wrapped a ribbon 'round, I went inside to say,
'I love you Mommy, happy Mother's Day!'


FATHERS VERSE *by Janelle Morris:
I woke up this morning and what did I see?
My Dad was working on the apricot tree.
Spring had brought us such a nice surprise,
Popcorn popping right before our eyes.
I went outside to help him a little while,
Being with my dad always makes me smile.
Dad you are the best, So I want to say,
I love you daddy, happy father’s day!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!! I love the verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just sang the mothers song, and it was a hit. Can't wait to teach the father verse. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete