To go with the July 2013 song, go on a "Family Vacation". I want to do this the 2nd week in July, when the outline talks things you can do as a family.
ONE WAY - Pack items that represent songs to sing.
IE: scriptures (Book of Mormon Stories), picture of child praying (Child's Prayer, Pray In Faith, ), board game (Family Night, The Family), go for a walk (Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked)...
ANOTHER OPTION - Each object is a *way to sing (when learning a song and repeating it over and over). *I have a cardboard puzzle map of the USA. We'll pull out a state that we're "visiting" and sing-like...
- TEXAS - "horsey feet" while you sing like a cowboy
- SOUTH DAKOTA - Mt Rushmore, sing stiff like a statue, don't move a muscle in your face
- NEW YORK - sing Broadway style or Metropolitan Opera
- OREGON - rain fingers, sing staccato
- ALASKA - sing shivering with teeth chattering
- LOUISIANA - MardiGras parades!, march in place
- OKLAHOMA - Tornado Alley, spin in circles
- WASHINGTON DC - sing proudly with hand on heart
- HAWAII - do the hula, sing only the vowels
- ARIZONA - Grand Canyon, echo the last word of the phrase
- UTAH - sing like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- IDAHO - whistle like a Farmer
- CALIFORNIA - do the wave
- FLORIDA - hand shark fin, sing with shark teeth bared
- NEVADA - it's the desert out there, sing thirsty
- TENNESSEE - Nashville, strum the guitar and sing with a 'twang
- MISSISSIPPI - hold out the "S's" when you sssssssing!
- INDIANA - Indiana 500, sing super speedy
- OHIO - change all vowels to "O's"
- WYOMING - make bear claws and sing growly like a bear
- IOWA - "grow" like a stalk of corn while you sing
- KENTUCKY - Kentucky Derby, ride a horse
- The kids liked it. It's more appropriate for JR, my SR can get a little out of hand when we do 'sing-like-a'.
- I had too many options. We had fun, but we didn't get to do the most fun ones.