THE GENERAL IDEA:
Pick a keyword from the song for each verse. Have the kids help you build the root keywords in an acrostic poem (also called a name poem). This activity helps the kids think about the specific attributes of family roles.
Write down each root keyword. Cut up the letters. Keep all the pieces organized how you will use them! In little baggies or something. It'll make it easier, I promise.
- Start with the Verse 1 root keyword.
- Write the keyword vertically on the board (with space on the right side to fill in the answers they'll be giving you).
- Hand out a letter to each class.
- Tell them they have to think of something that starts with the letter they got that describes the root keyword. Tell them only one word per class, and it has to be a nice word. Tell them a representative will give the word they all decide on in just a minute.
- Go through each class one at a time and get their describing word from them. Write it on the board.
- When the keyword on the board is all filled out, sing that verse.
- Then repeat for the other 3 verses.
*Acrostic Poem Example:
*A PN29 Original Idea by Ashlie J