- Write out the words of song on the chalkboard.
- Have words or phrases from the song on white paper that you've crumpled up into paper "snowballs".
- Have a child pick a "snowball" and open it.
- Erase that word or phrase from the board.
- Omit that word/phrase from the song as you sing. (Hum through those parts)
- Repeat, omitting/humming more and more words until all the snowballs are gone and the song has melted away!
Monday, January 12, 2015
Make the song you're learning 'melt' away! It's a line-by-line word removal "game" that gets them to sing over and over again.