Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Songs Introduction Program


Have adult singing groups come in. Start looking at Teachers, then Parents, then other talented adults.

Our 2013 Song Introduction Program went like this:

I Am a Child of God 2 (v1, v2, v3 + descant on violin)
solo or split up verses

My Heavenly Father Loves Me 228 (v1 & v2)
women's group

If The Savior Stood Beside Me (sheet music) (v1 & v2 & v3) -
men - split up verses

April - you choose the song (we haven't chosen one yet, so this was skipped...)

May - you choose the song (we haven't chosen one yet, so this was skipped...)

When I Am Baptized 103 (v1 & v2)
woman solo

Families Can Be Together Forever 188
family come in and sing

A Child's Prayer 12
husband and wife duet

--------------------------

We did this on the first Sunday of 2013. We combined both JR & SR Primaries during the first hour. It took about 15-20 minutes. If you get the whole sharing + music time, then plan extra activities.

Also, since the theme this year is "I Am a Child of God" I had each person say "I am Sister ___, and I am a Child of God", then the piano started and they sang their song. It tied it all together and was a nice touch to the whole program.

Afterwards I had extra time (I get all the time, singing and sharing, on the first Sunday of the month) so I did my I Am a Child of God introduction lesson.

Having adults sing to the kids was amazing. At first the children starting singing along with I Am a Child of God. It was cute. By the end there were many wet eyes in the room, including mine. I had to go up in front of everyone with wet eyes. It's okay, I'm only one month into this and the the children are quickly learning that my eyes tend to leak a lot.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment