Monday, January 7, 2013

Short Songs


You know those cute short songs you never get to sing? I took a bunch of them and made them a whole singing time.


I Am Like a Star flip chart

SHORT SONGS IN THE CHILDREN'S HYMNBOOK (links go to my flip charts):




I did a tic-tac-toe game to add an interactive element to it. Once we learned the song (doesn't take long, just one or two times through) I pick either a boy or a girl to pick a spot on the Tic-Tac-Toe board. The spot had a paper with a # written on the back. We sang the song that # of times then moved on to the next song.

*Link to Tic Tac Toe printable (from AF Singing Time) - HERE


PREP:

  • chalk (to draw the tic-tac-toe board
  • numbered paper squares
  • flip charts (print the title on one side, the lyrics on the backside to save paper)
  • pianist who can do all of this (I am lucky, I know it, and I thank the Heavens daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment