Sunday, March 23, 2014

AMAZING Things Jesus Did For Us (in I Stand All Amazed)

In my last hurrah for I Stand All Amazed 2014 I want to stress to my SR Primary the important things in this song. We only learned the first verse (with sign) so far. Last week a boy pointed out that there are 3 verses to the song. So all week I've been contemplating how to explore all of the verses. This is what I'm planning (less than 2 hours before church starts! eek!):
  1. Explain that singing hymns is bearing a testimony through song.
  2. Pass out hymnbooks.
  3. Sing all 3 verses of I Stand All Amazed
  4. Have the kids help you find keywords in each verse of the amazing of Jesus did for us in each verse. Write a big "1" on the board, then write the keywords around it. Sing that verse.
  5. Repeat for the other 2 verses.
  6. Explain that to understand what Jesus did for us is to have reverence for him.
  7. Sing all 3 verses of I Stand All Amazed again.
After you've been in the Music calling for a while you have random stuff lying around...
I had these numbers from a song last year. I glued pictures on pictures of Jesus I'd cut out from The Friend magazine.
I tacked these up on the chalkboard and then wrote words around the numbers. 

Below is my cheat sheet (I get forgetful in front of people, so I have this in case I need to help the kids. They're so smart, though, I probably won't even look at it.):

AMAZING Things Jesus Did For Us (in I Stand All Amazed) -

Verse 1
love
grace
crucified
suffered
bled
died

Verse 2
descend
rescue
love
redeem
justify

Verse 3
pierced (hands)
bleeding (hands)
mercy
love
devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment