In my last hurrah for I Stand All Amazed 2014 I want to stress to my SR Primary the important things in this song. We only learned the first verse (with sign) so far. Last week a boy pointed out that there are 3 verses to the song. So all week I've been contemplating how to explore all of the verses. This is what I'm planning (less than 2 hours before church starts! eek!):
- Explain that singing hymns is bearing a testimony through song.
- Pass out hymnbooks.
- Sing all 3 verses of I Stand All Amazed
- Have the kids help you find keywords in each verse of the amazing of Jesus did for us in each verse. Write a big "1" on the board, then write the keywords around it. Sing that verse.
- Repeat for the other 2 verses.
- Explain that to understand what Jesus did for us is to have reverence for him.
- Sing all 3 verses of I Stand All Amazed again.
Below is my cheat sheet (I get forgetful in front of people, so I have this in case I need to help the kids. They're so smart, though, I probably won't even look at it.):
AMAZING Things Jesus Did For Us (in I Stand All Amazed) -