Fill a backpack with back to school items
that tell the kids how to sing.
- BINDER PAPER CLIP - sing with lips clamped shut
- CRAYONS - only those wearing the color I hold up sing
- ERASER - "erase" words and leave them out as you sing
- GLUE STICK - glue legs and arms together and sing all stuck together (stick a different way for each verse)
- HAND SANITIZER- use hands to sign the song (choose a song we know sign to, of course!)
- HIGHLIGHTER - stand up tall and sing "brightly"!
- RUBBER BANDS - sing with rubber band stretchy lips and face
- RULER - use as a volume meter and measure up inches as well as they are singing
- SCISSORS - cut off the song, then resume, and so forth
- SHARPENER - sing "sharply" (staccato)
*This idea can be found all over the place. This is my minuscule addition to the already existing idea.