Saturday, August 9, 2014

Scriptures about Seeking


Following with the magnifying glass theme for the song Seek the Lord Early (as found on this blog), start of by telling the kids you're going to read some scriptures. Tell them you typed up the scripture references, you just need someone to read them... and hold up a paper you're typed with very SMALL font. [Like below]

After you get some giggles, explain that when you read the scriptures sometimes you need tools. Just like you need a tool to read these scripture references. Pull out magnifying glass and read. 



Here are some Scriptures about seeking the Lord:

D&C 88:63
Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.

Psalms 63:1

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.


*The handout I made with little party favor magnifying glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment