Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Symbols with Scriptures and Songs

image from LDS.org
Symbol
Scripture
Song


*I made this list with the 2013 Program Songs in mind.


BASKET - Christ carrying our sins
D&C 19:16
For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent.
-When I Am Baptized 103*

CHICK - resurrection and new life
Corinthians 5:15 + 17
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
-Jesus Has Risen 70 or He Died That We Might Live Again 65

EMPTY EGGS - empty tomb
Matthew 28:6
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
-Did Jesus Really Live Again 64 (V1)

FLOWERS - new life
Song of Soloman 2:12
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.
-My Heavenly Father Loves Me 228*

JESUS - eternal life
John 5:11
And this is the record; that God hath given to us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son.
-Jesus Has Risen 64

LAMB - Jesus is our shepherd
John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
-If The Savior Stood Beside Me (sheet)*

NEW OUTFIT - taking off the old and putting on the new
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
-I Am a Child of God (v1) 2*

RABBIT/BUNNY - life
John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life;
and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
-Jesus Has Risen 64

SEEDS - faith and hope
Moroni 7:40-43
40 And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?
41 And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.
42 Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope.
43 And again, behold I say unto you that he cannot have faith and hope, save he shall be meek,
and lowly of heart.
-Faith 96 or Little Seeds Lie Fast Asleep 243 or On a Golden Springtime 88

WATER - everlasting life
John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
-Rain Is Falling All Around 241

WHITE - purity of Christ
Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
-Jesus Once Was a Little Child 55


----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, this was a great help. I used it for my Easter Lesson. This year's manual does not include an Easter Lesson in the back of the book and I was paniced wondering what to do for a lesson. This was just what I needed. I know the kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete