Monday, June 3, 2013

When I Am Baptized - "Clean Again" Lesson


*I pulled out the Child of God Puzzle Posters I made at the beginning of the year for I Am a Child of God (the song is the 2013 theme). I "faux laminated" them and the tape is 'slick' on the front. Beforehand I tested out really waxy crayons to make sure they'd wipe off (they did, whew).*



Here's how the lesson goes:

After teaching When I Am Baptized pull out the laminated paper child. Tell the children that in the song it says that "we can be forgiven" and "our wrongs can be washed away". Tell the children that your "friend" is a good kid, but sometimes even good kids make mistakes. Tell them that he/she said a bad word / didn't share / didn't listen to their parents / etcetera. Each time you say something scribble on the child with the crayon. Then, explain that through baptism we can be forgiven and "our wrongs can be washed away - just like it says in the song!". Get your eraser (or paper towel, in my case) and tell the kids that your "friend" said sorry and asked forgiveness of Heavenly Father and the person they had wronged - each time, erase the crayon mark until the child is clean again. Read Mosiah 22:26 to the kids;

"For behold, this is my church; whosoever is baptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall believe in my name; and him will I freely forgive."

------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

  • In both JR and SR Primary the room got so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Great lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment