I wrote an acrostic poem for Praise To the Man in the last 10 minutes of Sacrament Meeting. I used the man himself, and words from the first verse and chorus.
- Chalk (maybe 2 colors)
- Words (below)
- Sing Praise to the Man.
- Ask what man this song is about?
- Write the name JOSEPH SMITH vertically on the board.
- Ask the kids to help you find words in the first verse to fill in the Joseph Smith's name. (May want to hand out hymn books)
- First, look for the letter J.
- Define/discuss the word. (Because there are some hard words in this song!)
- Sing to that point/end of that phrase (some are in weird spots).
- Repeat steps 5-8
Open the last
Traitors and Tyrants