It looks like a game. But it's really a way to define those tough words in Praise To the Man. Tell the kids you're going to clap out all of the big words in the first verse...
*Sing through the Verse one time first. Then,
- Have a child choose a definition wordstrip.
- Find the word for that definition somewhere in the Verse.
- Write the word on the board. Tape the definition next to it.
- Talk it out. Discuss the word and it's definition.
- Now, "Clap it Out" of the song. .... When singing, clap the syllables of that word.
- Repeat and repeat until all the big words are being "clapped out" as you sing.
(The secret is that, although they are clapping the words/syllables, they are still thinking them in their heads - and you are getting them to sing over and over again.)
Verse 1 Definitions → Words:
Conversed with a Higher Source → Communed
Heavenly Father? / Jesus? → Jehovah
Called to Holy Office → Anointed
Proclaimer of the word of God → Prophet
Group of time → Dispensation
Praise enthusiastically → Extol
Feel deep respect and admiration → Revere
- Definitions on wordstrips
- Chalk to write each "hard" word on the board as we talk about it.
- Tape / magnets